Thursday, 12 September 2013

My Thoughts On... Cassandra Clare and The Shadowhunter Chronicles

Is Cassandra Clare going too far?

 With two New York Times Best Selling series under her belt (The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices), The Dark Artifices coming in 2015 and talks of a new series set two decades after The Infernal Devices, some people are beginning to say that Clare is bleeding the Shadowhunter world dry and taking it for what it is worth.

 Talks like have resided on the internet ever since The Mortal Instruments was extended from a trilogy to a six books series and have becomes increasingly abundant since the announcement of The Dark Artifices.

 What do I think of this matter? Is Cassandra Clare taking The Shadowhunter Chronicles too far by creating so many books set in that very world? In short,No.

 If Cassandra Clare can create a world that is so profound and imaginative that she can get four or forty series out of it, good for her. Long may she reign and long may she write. As long as she keeps writing great books day in and day out, I will keep buying.

 I don’t know about any of you guys, but or me it will be a sad day when Clare leaves the Shadowhunter world behind.

 What do you guys think of this? I know there are cases where there are far too many spin-offs or the series goes on for too long, do you think this is one of them?

This was originally posted on my Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by on my blog! Feel free to leave a link so I can return the favour! :)

Captcha is turned off. Please let me know if it turns itself back on again xx